Friday, December 5, 2008

Craigslist Fishing Volume 1: The Deli gets a sense of its clientele













A Taste of Craiglist

In this installment I post a free ad or classified in the beginning of the day and I see if what I’m offering is popular or interesting to the Craigslist Community in New York, which to me is a balanced pool ripe for surveying. This way we can see what will sell at our deli and can analyze market trends.

Here is my ad:

FREE RONCO FLAVOR INJECTOR, LIGHTLY USED (Queens)
Reply to: sale-946354088@craigslist.org [?]
Date: 2008-12-05, 2:51PM EST

This item is a MUST have for any serious urban chef. In my house, the kids choose what solid flavors they want (Garlic, chives, wheat cloves) and me and the hubby inject the bird, making it a family affair each time.

But we have an extra flavor injector! I can mail this to you. There's no reason for you not to have this wonderful tool.

I have gotten too many responses, so in your email tell me why YOU think you deserve this fantastic kitchen Must Have!

-Bess

* * * * * *
And it was a hit! New York is hot for Ron Popeil. Here are the first responses!
********
Daph
to sale-946354088
show details 3:55 PM (1 hour ago)
I'm interested. Pls let me know. Ty
I love to cook and i'm always trying to have fun while doing it.. So I'm interested because everytime I do a chicken or any bird. I have to actually pinch it for the flavor to reach. Ty so much

Sent from my iPhone

* * *

I really need the injectors
Inbox X
Wilmer
to sale-946354088
show details 4:10 PM (1 hour ago)
Hi ,I read your post and please tell me if you still have the flavor injectors at
xxxxx@gmail.com I thank you so much.

* * *

FREE RONCO FLAVOR INJECTOR, LIGHTLY USED (Queens)
Inbox X
Neal
to sale-946354088
show details 4:14 PM (57 minutes ago)
Reply
i don't deserve it -- i am a worthless subhuman piece of shit.
thanks for your attention.
--
Neal

* * *

FREE RONCO FLAVOR INJECTOR, LIGHTLY USED
Inbox X
dee
to sale-946354088
show details 4:32 PM (40 minutes ago)
Reply
still available? thanks
dee

* * *

FREE RONCO FLAVOR INJECTOR, LIGHTLY USED (Queens)
Inbox X
xxxxxxx@aol.com
to sale-946354088
show details 4:42 PM (31 minutes ago)
Reply
I Think I deserve the flavor injector, because I enjoy bringing the family together for great times and cooking and eating together allows us to enjoy one another...
***********

So now we know we'll stock some Ronco products once the 35k comes through. Thanks for the help, Craig!

No comments: